Friday, August 21, 2009

Chad Ochocinco and Football


Oh man! Did this one fall right into my lap or what? Less than two days after that post about Bill Simmons and Kobe Bryant's love of soccer, I find out that Chad Ochocinco's first love is real football! I knew I liked him for a reason. Here is the quote, thanks to ESPN.

"'Esteban' Ochocinco is back, the most interesting footballer in the world," Ochocinco said. "Everyone has to remember, I've always said that soccer is my No. 1 sport. I think Ronaldinho would be proud of me right now."

"Soccer's my first love, Kicking's easy ... like riding a bike," he said. "I can kick them from 50, 60 yards, left or right hash mark. ... I kicked all through high school."

Oh baby! My unwavering love for #85 just reached new heights. Not only was he an integral part in both of my fantasy championships as Chad Johnson, but he loves soccer! This story comes after he kicked a perfect PAT against the Patriots. When I first saw him line up as kicker, I thought it was a gimmick, Chad being Chad, but he put it through perfectly. It probably would have went through from the 45 yard line as well. I have always thought this guy gets too much crap for his showmanship and goofiness. What is wrong with having fun playing the game he loves? Sure he had a few down years here and there, but at least he entertained. Sure he quarreled with Coach Lewis, but I would too. Marvin doesn't know what he is doing. Compared to the rest of his current and former teammates at Cincinnati, Chad is almost seen as a role model for good behavior.

He entertains me. He catches balls, most of the time. He does fun dances in the end zone. He has a better attitude than T.O. He has got himself attention in the tiny market Cincinnati. He led me to two fantasy championships. He changed his name to a Spanish number that I am almost positive isn't even the real name of the number. Whats not to like about the guy?

Oh did I mention he loves soccer too.

Soon I will compile a list of celebrities and non-soccer athletes who have declared their love for soccer. If you know of any please let me know. I love to love the soccer lover.

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment